Sunday, September 9, 2007

Quiz, Quiz, Test, Quiz, Quiz

I'm in the middle of a string of five straight days with a quiz or a test. I think I'm holding up pretty well. The attitudes people have about grades are interesting. I had a conversation with a like-minded classmate the other day, and we agreed that our grades are not a reflection of ourselves or our potential as (someday) clinicians. The other side of the spectrum, and we all have known these people, tear up at the sight of a B.
I've decided to take it in stride. My job is to do as well as I'm capable of while not driving myself crazy with the incredible amount of information we have to digest. My job is also to do well on the board exams we take after two years, which determine whether we move on to the next two (clinical training) years.
Will better grades lead me to better opportunities in the way of possible residencies? Perhaps. Does someone check your report card before you open up your own practice? I doubt it. There is so much out of our control. I can only do what I'm capable of and no more. Having said that, I hope I ruined the curve on the Embryology exam :)

No comments: