Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Family Visit







We had our first visitors in our new apartment this past weekend. J & A and the little BB arrived very late Friday night. I felt bad that their flights were so delayed and they had to spend so much time in airports/on planes with the little guy but they finally made it! I can't believe how much he's changed since I last saw him. He is so much bigger and so active! He's talking all the time and laughs at just about everything. Saturday morning I had to get up early and help out for a few hours at a track meet but came home in time for lunch. We took the little BB out to the pool for a quick swim and then had some Pei Wei takeout. Yum. Then we headed up to Anthem for a much needed shopping trip for J. The little guy was so good all day long! Keeper made us some margaritas and then pasta for a late dinner and we called it a night.

Sunday morning was spent relaxing and J and I escaped for a short trail run in the desert behind my school. We got back, showered, and headed out to Scottsdale to see a Giants-Royals spring training game. The little guy needed to be constantly on the move so J and I kept him entertained by people watching/walking around the whole ball park. He finally fell asleep from all the excitement. We stopped in Old Town, Scottsdale for a quick shopping trip and then had delicious fajitas for dinner.

Monday morning, A and I did a 9-mile run along the canal in Scottsdale (my longest post-injury run to date). Then we headed to the Biltmore to shop a little and enjoy the sunshine. We made an awesome dinner last night and spent some time playing wii.

We had a very relaxing few days and Keeper and I were so glad they came out! I will totally miss them but am already looking forward to a few weeks on the east coast when my school lets out this summer!

1 comment:

Jdawg said...

We had a great time too - thank you for your hospitality! We made it home and were in bed before 2 AM. I'll call you tonight!