Sunday, May 10, 2009

I didn't log my miles...

I think I need new running shoes. Mine are getting worn out so I thought back to when I bought them. I wear two pairs, alternating every other day; mizunos & saucony. I bought both of these pairs in mid-January, when I was injured due to a couple factors, one being running in worn-out shoes. Then I realized I had no idea how many miles are on these shoes. None. I haven't logged (as in, written down exact miles) a run in MONTHS. I was so consumed with logging everything about running ever since I started a few years ago and that all went out the window when I started coaching track. I have been running 5-6 days per week since mid-January but I have no idea how many miles each pair of shoes has. It feels kind of liberating. There is no weekly mileage I have to attain. That 10-miler I wanted to run this weekend? Didn't happen; I slept in instead. And it felt good. And I think I'm faster now, anyway. Go figure.

No comments: